The best, fudgy one bowl cocoa brownies! a special addition gives these brownies a super fudgy centre without losing that crispy, crackly top! The Best Fudgy Cocoa Brownies… So simple but SO delicious, they are gone in seconds!
What if I told you that you DON’T need to melt chocolate or chocolate chips with butter together to make brownies, AND you don’t need two separate bowls. Just one bowl and 5 minutes bringing it all together to make the BEST freaking brownies you’ve ever eaten in this lifetime. The best part is they’re only 144 calories EACH! Better than the usual 356 calorie brownies, am I right?
With all of the brownie making going on here, i do have a few tips for these cocoa brownies to stay fudgy-licious:
- Whisk your butter and sugar really well.
- Beat in your eggs for a good minute. This step is crucial for that crackly top
- Do NOT over beat your batter once the flour and cocoa powder are added. THAT creates air in the batter which will give you cake-like textured brownies. Cakey is okay, but not today, friends.
- Do NOT over bake them! I like mine at exactly 21:30 minutes. You can go a little bit over if you like them set a bit more, but I don’t recommend it if you’re looking for the fudgiest brownies in this lifetime. Which is kinds what I’m promising here, remember?
- I bake my brownies on the top shelf in the oven. I find the middle shelf cooks them a lot faster and dries them out.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, (olive oil or coconut oil are fine)
- 1 1/8 cup superfine sugar, (caster sugar or white granulated sugar)*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose (or plain) flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper); set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>cafedelites.com