If you are in the mood for something creamy (but not too creamy), soft, luscious and garlicy then this Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo recipe is going to tickle you silly.
Orzo has fast become one of our favorite side dishes in our house. It’s super cheap, super easy to make and is just about the best comfort food around besides mashed potatoes.
Orzo is a little pasta that is shaped like rice and can be used in soups, stews, casseroles or a delicious side dish. It starts out small but plumps up as it cooks and becomes al dente.
This recipe does not contain any lemon and the garlic has been ramped UP. There is a little half and half in there to help the parmesan cheese melt down and get all goey. And then it all gets poured over the cooked orzo.
- 2 Cups Organic Orzo
- 2 Cups Organic Chicken or Vegetable stock, or water
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 1/4 Cup Organic Onion, diced very small
- 3 Organic Garlic Cloves, pressed or minced
- 3/4 Cup Grated Organic Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Organic Half and Half
- 2-3 Tbsp. Chopped Organic Parsley or Basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Begin by heating about 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet, let it warm up for about a minute.
- Add the orzo and lightly stir it around the pan so it toasts, this will give the orzo a nutty flavor.
- Get full recipe==>>happilyunprocessed.com