Delicious, Pan Fried Italian Style Meatballs Paleo Whole30 friendly, plus low FODMAP. If you are sensitive to onions and garlic, rest assured that you can still eat tasty and healthy meatballs! These are great for picky eaters too!
These meatballs, in my opinion, are good enough to eat without sauce, over spaghetti squash, sweet potatoes, butternut, and with a side of greens, BUT they are also awesome with Rao’s Sensitive Formula Marinara Sauce , the only jarred sauce I’ve found without onions, garlic, or added sugar. Definitely worth a try if you’re looking for a low FODMAP friendly ready-to-go sauce!
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca flour optional, for binding
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning blend of dried thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, black pepper, nutmeg
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 2 tbsp chopped fresh
- 1 tsp dried basil you can also use 2 tbsp chopped fresh if you have!
- 2 tsp freeze dried chives or 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ghee or other preferred cooking fat for frying
- Low FODMAP Marinara Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the three types of meat with all the other ingredients, and using your hands, mix well until all ingredients are fully incorporated and ready to roll into balls.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over med hi heat. Add about 2 tbsp ghee or other cooking fat to the pan
- Once the fat is heated (if it's smoking lower the heat) begin rolling the mixture into meatballs about 1.5 inches in diameter, and place each one in the pan. Continue until the mixture is used up.
- Get full recipe==>>paleorunningmomma.com