My Grandma Wanda was the queen of Christmas candy. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of her kitchen counter filled with all kinds of homemade Christmas candies packed in a a variety of Christmas tins.
From toffee to divinity, she even had an amazing hard cinnamon candy and I haven’t seen a recipe similar to it anywhere else. My aunt was kind enough to send me pictures of some of her handwritten recipes so I can share them with my kids and with my friends here on the blog. Grandma Wanda’s peanut brittle is very easy to make and perfect for homemade Christmas gifting.
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 stick of unsalted butter 8 tablespoons, cubed
- 3 cups of dry roasted peanuts one pound
- Prepare an 18x13 baking sheet by greasing with butter and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda, salt and vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, combine sugar, corn syrup and water.
- With a heat proof spoon or spatula, stir mixture constantly over very high heat until it reaches 240 degrees on candy thermometer.
- Get full recipe==>>number-2-pencil.com