Want to know how to make homemade meatballs? Making meatballs from scratch is the way to go! This post will teach you an easy way to make your own.
They're simple, quick to assemble and a great way to stock your freezer for those busy weeknights! See notes for detailed suggestions on ingredients.
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup finely chopped aromatics
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup bulking and binding ingredient like breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dried herbs and/or spices
- Make the meat mixture: Place the ground meat in a medium bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix with a handheld mixer until very well combined and sticking together.
- Roll into balls: Using about 1.5 teaspoons of meat mixture per meatball, shape firm balls between the palms of your hands. Place on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- Freeze: To cook the meatballs straight away, freeze on the sheet pan for 10 minutes. To freeze the meatballs for later, freeze on the sheet pan for 30 minutes, then pack into a labelled freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. Defrost in the fridge before cooking.
- Get full recipe==>>savorynothings.com