This Mexican Style Avocado Egg Salad is a little like guacamole meets egg salad minus the mayo. It’s made with avocado, celery, purple onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice. Super simple and super delicious!
This Mexican Style Avocado Egg Salad uses mashed avocado in lieu of mayo.
You can use this egg salad without mayo for sandwiches, as a dip with crackers or tortilla chips or devour it straight up by the spoonfuls.
- 6 large hard boiled eggs , diced
- 1/4 cup purple onion, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and mashed (leaving a few chunks)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of 1 large lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the eggs, purple onion and celery. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mash the avocado leaving some chunks. Add the jalapeño, lemon juice, and onion and garlic powders. (The lemon juice is to keep the avocado from browning).
- Get full recipe==>>theharvestkitchen.com