Unlike store-bought veggie burgers, which are often filled with processed soy and other “fillers,” these veggie burgers are packed with veggies and millet. That’s it!!
- 1/2 cup dry millet (soak in water overnight, and rinse well)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups arugula (or dark green of choice)
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 T. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups millet flour (or gluten-free flour of choice)
- Add the 1 1/2 cups of water to a saucepan, and bring it to a boil. Add the (soaked and drained) millet, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 400F and chop your veggies! (I recommend using a food processor to get a uniform consistency)
- Get full recipe==>>detoxinista.com