A delicious and healthy chicken salad made with homemade mayo, this Paleo Chicken Salad with Bacon and Scallions packs tons of flavor and nutrition for a make ahead lunch, or to serve family and friends for any occasion! It’s soy free, dairy free and completely Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
This recipe may look like it has a bunch of steps, but you don’t have to do them all at once. I usually make this throughout the day, doing each step when I have a minute and then packing it in lunches or tossing it in the fridge for whenever the mood hits.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices nitrate free bacon sugar free for Whole30
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo or Paleo friendly mayo* from Primal Kitchen made with avocado oil
- 2 scallions green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder - optional omit if following Low FODMAP
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take your bacon and chop into bite size pieces. Brown the bacon in a large saute pan over med-hi heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside to drain on paper towels, leaving the rendered fat in the pan.
- Pound the chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness or cut them in half so each piece is 1/2 inch thick.
- Get full recipe==>>paleorunningmomma.com