This Paleo and Whole30 grilled marinated flank steak will become your go-to recipe to top salads or serve with your favorite grilled veggies and potatoes. The marinade comes together in a blender and can be boiled into a sauce to serve with the steak.
If you’ve been following along lately with some of my Whole30 recipes, you know that I’ve been going bonkers with all things date-sweetened for some time.
Date sweetened sauces like this “honey” mustard, ketchup, and sweet lime dressing definitely offer great flavor to your dips, sauces, and marinades while keeping them Whole30 compliant and free of refined sugar. It also allows you to make compliant copycat versions of some of your favorite dips, dressings, and marinades. This marinated flank steak here is no exception!
- 3 medjool dates pitted and softened if necessary by soaking in very hot water
- 2 tbsp water you can use the soaking water, if you want
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos*
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar or preferred vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes for spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1.5 lbs flank steak
- chopped fresh chives green onion or your favorite fresh herbs for garnish
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a high speed blender except for the olive oil, then once pureed, add the olive oil with the blender running on low.
- Score the steak all over with a knife, place in a large bowl and pour all the marinade over the steak, turning to completely coat. Cover tightly in plastic wrap and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Get full recipe==>>paleorunningmomma.com