Ready in only 15 minutes, these Mexican Street Corn Tostadas make for an easy lunch or quick dinner that’s also gluten free and vegetarian. Something pretty ah-mazing happened this past week. A few things actually. These Mexican Street Corn Tostadas.
Have you ever heard of or made Mexican street corn? <– If not, check out my recipe. It’s an oldie and I know the pictures are TERRRRIBLE, but the recipe is still legit. One day I’ll do a reshoot and make those sweet corns on the cob look beautiful. One day.
- 1 15-oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cotija cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 15-oz can La Preferida Organic Refried Beans
- 8 corn tostadas
- chili powder to season for topping, optional
- In a large bowl, add corn, mayonnaise, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and 2 tablespoons of cotija cheese.
- Mix together with a spoon until the corn is evenly coated with all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>isabeleats.com