When it's super-hot out, sometimes you just don't want to deal with the oven or even the grill. Everyone will be excited to see these salmon pinwheels show up at the potluck. Serve them on a tray of ice to keep things nice and cold.
This recipe is perfect to make ahead for a party, keep them refrigerated until ready to serve as they hold up best when chilled.
You can make them a day ahead, I think they would also be wonderful with fresh dill.
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cold smoked salmon (I like Nova Lox)
- 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 medium cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thin
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on a work surface.
- Arrange the slices of salmon in an overlapping fashion to create a rectangle about 6 inches wide by 12 inches long, with one of the longest sides facing you.
- Get full recipe==>>skinnytaste.com