The BEST authentic homemade Tres Leches Cake. An ultra light cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture and topped with fresh whipped cream and cinnamon. This simple Mexican dessert is one of our favorites!
Tres leches cake is a popular cake in Mexico and Latin America. It really wouldn’t be a Cinco de Mayo celebration without some Tres Leches Cake! If you’re reading this than I’m hoping you’ve heard of Tres Leches Cake or “three milk” cake. This classic Mexican cake is one of my favorites of all time!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs , separated
- 1 cup sugar , divided
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup whole milk
For the whipped topping:
- 1 pint Heavy Cream , for Whipping
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cinnamon, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x13'' pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Separate the eggs into two separate bowls.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar to the bowl with the egg yolks and mix on high speed until yolks are pale yellow. Add the 1/3 cup milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and stir gently just until combined (don't over-mix).
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites on high speed. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar as you mix and continue beating until stiff peaks.
- Get full recipe==>>tastesbetterfromscratch.com