The BEST white pizza you will ever make! Made with store-bought dough, shredded mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and Pecorino Romano cheese, this pizza is super simple to make and will be best addition to your weeknight dinners.
Sometimes a recipe turns out exactly as you expected. Other times, you decide to go in another direction. Today’s recipe is one of the those latter times.
If you haven’t had pizza bianca before, it’s also known as white pizza. Does that sound more familiar? White pizza is simply a pizza without any sauce – yes, that also means absolutely no WHITE sauce. I have tried some white pizzas that use an alfredo-type white sauce and they are simply too rich. So don’t expect any of that on this pizza.
If the thought of having a pizza with no sauce sounds insane to you, don’t leave yet! I promise you’ll be more open to the idea after you learn more.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 16 ounces fresh pizza dough (store-bought)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese (whole milk)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons pecorino romano cheese grated or finely shredded
- Remove pizza dough from fridge. Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium bowl. Add pizza dough to bowl and toss in oil. Let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour to warm up. As the dough warms up, it will grow, which is good.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix ricotta cheese with minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>certifiedpastryaficionado.com