If you like lemons and raspberries you’re going to LOVE this Lemon Raspberry Cake! Don’t let the Summer slip by without baking this lemon raspberry cake!
- unsalted butter, for the pans
- ⅔ cup quick-cook polenta or cornmeal
- ⅔ cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup desiccated (dried unsweetened) coconut
- 1 ¼ cups golden caster sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- finely grated zest of 2 unwaxed lemons
- a pinch of sea salt flakes
- 1 ½ cups kefir, buttermilk, or natural yogurt
- ⅔ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups Greek-style yogurt, the thickest you can find
- finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons golden icing (confectioners’) sugar
- 2 ½ cups fresh raspberries, plus more to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter the sides and bases of 3, 8-inch loose-bottomed cake pans. Line the bases with baking parchment.
- In a bowl, mix together the polenta, rice flour, coconut, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt, using a whisk to disperse all the ingredients evenly.
- Get full recipe==>>brit.co