Easy and healthy Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash packed with an abundance of sweet and savory flavor! Caramelized onions, apples, sweet Italian sausage, spinach and fresh herbs stuffed inside perfectly roasted acorn squash, then broiled to perfection. Paleo and Whole30 friendly!
- 2 small/med acorn squash cut in half lengthwise and seeds/strings scooped out
- 1 lb pork sausage casings removed if necessary, sugar free*
- 1 large onion or 2 small cut in half and sliced thin
- 3 tbsp ghee coconut oil, or other cooking fat (for caramelizing the onions) + 2 tsp (for sautéing the garlic)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium-large apple cored and diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the 4 acorn squash halves (seeds removed) open-side down on the baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until the top of your squash feels tender when gently pressed. You can always check them and continue to roast a few more minutes if they aren't tender enough. Set aside after removing from oven.
- Get full recipe==>>paleorunningmomma.com