These original glazed donuts are light and chewy and a good way to get anyone out of bed in the morning. Who can resist a Krispy Kreme recipe copycat?
Ingredients:For the donuts
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk (300 milliliters)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant (quick-rise) yeast (7 grams) (one packet)
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (113 grams) - melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/4 cups bread flour ( 535 grams) (plus more for rolling out the dough)
- oil (for frying)
For the glaze
- 4 cups powdered sugar (500 grams)
- 1/2 cup milk (120 milliliters)
- 1 pinch salt
Instructions:To make the donuts
- In a medium bowl, heat the milk in the microwave until it is warm to the touch, about 45 seconds. Add in the yeast and give it gentle stir. Let the mixture sit until there is some foam on top, about 5 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, beat together the yeast mixture, the eggs, butter, sugar and salt until combined. Add in about half of the flour and mix until combined. Add in the remaining flour and mix until combined. During the mixing process, you may need to stop the mixer and scrape down the sides. If the dough is too wet to handle, add in flour 1 tablespoon at a time. Cover the bowl with a large kitchen towel, and leave it in a warm place to let it rise until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Get full recipe==>>theworktop.com