This spinach tortellini soup recipe is ready in 30 minutes to warm you up without weighing you down.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 2 large carrots, diced small
- 2 large celery stalks, diced small
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 cups good low-sodium vegetable stock
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 9 ounces tortellini
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated parmesan or pecorino, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and salt and stir to coat with oil. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften. If you happen to get distracted and the veggies brown a little bit, it'll add some nice depth of flavor.
- Stir in stock, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer until veggies are tender. Remove lid and add spinach and tortellini. Cook according to tortellini package instructions (usually just simmering for a couple of minutes). Off the heat, stir in parsley and black pepper to taste.
- Get full recipe==>>umamigirl.com