This rich, thick and buttery Lemon Curd is delicious straight out of the jar, spread thick on cakes and muffins or as a base in your favorite lemony recipes.
Ingredients:FOR THE LEMON CURD
- 1 cup (240ml) fresh lemon juice (from about 5-6 lemons)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- finely grated zest of 5 lemons
- 1 tbsp pure lemon extract
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup (200g | 7.10oz) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (38g | 1.3oz) corn starch
- 1/2 cup (120g | 4.2oz) butter, softened
- Combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, water and lemon extract in a medium saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously until the mixture turns a light shade of yellow and becomes nice and thick, about 2 minutes. Add the corn starch and resume whisking until it's completely incorporated.
- Get full recipe==>>eviltwin.kitchen