Loaded with plenty of fresh herbs, garlic, and Mediterranean flavor, these Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Gyros are a healthy 10-minute dinner!
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red onion sliced (plus additional for serving, if desired)
- 4 large carrots peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 lemon halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Olive oil about 1 tablespoon, salt, and pepper
- For serving: pita bread or rice or salad; Tzatziki sauce; feta cheese; sliced red onion; sliced olives; sliced tomatoes; lettuce; sliced cucumber
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag. Drizzle with olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Add oregano, basil, thyme, and garlic to the bag. Seal the bag, toss to coat the chicken. You can let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours (or overnight), or you can just use it right away.
- Place onion, carrots, and lemon halves in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with chicken and herbs from the bag.
- Get full recipe==>>theseasonedmom.com