This taco dip is party and game-day ready, and needs only 10 minutes of prep before going in your slow cooker! Great taco flavors, and you can easily swap out the beef for ground turkey to lighten it up!
- 1 lb ground beef (I use 80/20)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 2 (10oz each) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, about half the liquid drained (I use the mild variety)
- 1-2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sliced black olives
- diced tomatoes
- minced fresh cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over MED-HIGH heat and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. Add ground beef and cook 3-4 minutes, crumbling as you cook, until mostly browned. Add in diced onion, poblano and jalapeño and cook about 2-3 minutes, until soft. Drain grease.
- To a 3-4 quart slow cooker, add cooked beef mixture, beef broth, cornstarch, taco seasoning, and diced tomatoes with green chiles. Stir to combine well.
- Get full recipe==>>thechunkychef.com