This Banana Bread is such an easy and delicious breakfast or dessert! It is so moist that this recipe from my mom’s cookbook will be the only recipe you will EVER use!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup soft margarine or butter, (two 1/2 cup sticks of butter)
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tbsp buttermilk, (reg milk will work too)
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups ripe bananas, about 4-5 small
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together. Let mixture sit for 1 hour in the mixing bowl in room temperature. (Note: Due to banana size, the mixture may not all fit into one loaf pan; do not overflow your pan. Use two loaf pans for the extra batter)
- Pour into greased loaf pan(s). Bake 60-65* minutes at 350 degrees. If using a bundt pan, bake for 50-60* minutes at 300 degrees. Ten minutes before final cooking time, check doneness with toothpick. When toothpick comes out clean from middle of the loaf, it is done or when center of loaf is close to 195-200 degrees F. (Note: It's okay to let the crust get very dark if cooked for longer, it is supposed to be and won't hinder the taste).
- Get full recipe==>>forksnflipflops.com