What can be more Christmas-y than peppermint, chocolate and candy cane colors?! This chocolate peppermint trifle scream ‘CHRISTMAS’!! The colors and flavors alone will captivate any holiday party! This is one of those desserts you make once a year and wait patiently until the next to enjoy it again.
- 1 recipe 'Perfect Chocolate Cake'
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil (1 tsp extract)
For White Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1, 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- red food coloring
- crushed candy canes
- Prepare one recipe of my 'Perfect Chocolate Cake'; link in post above and on my YouTube channel. You can prepare the layers in 3, 8-inch rounds or use a large sheet pan. Once the cake has cooled completely, cut the cake into cubes. The cake can be prepared ahead of time; just make sure to wrap the layers in plastic so they don't dry out!
- Prepare the peppermint syrup. Combine the sugar with boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Add a few drops of peppermint oil. Oil is much stronger than extract so increase the amount if using an extract. Transfer the syrup into a dispenser bottler and set aside (can also spoon the syrup over the layers).
- Get full recipe==>>tatyanaseverydayfood.com