French toast in bite size form! These are really fun to make - you "sauté" them as though they are cubes of tofu or chicken, then toss in cinnamon sugar. And it goes without saying they are also fun to eat! They taste like mini cinnamon sugar doughnuts.
- 4 thick slices of slightly stale white bread (1"/2.5cm thick) (Note 1)
- 2 large eggs (or 3 small eggs)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp butter , separated
- Maple syrup to serve (not optional!)
- Cut the crust off the bread, then cut each piece into 9 equal cubes.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and salt in a medium bowl.
- Get full recipe==>>recipetineats.com