Spicy jalapeño shrimp veggie bake is low carb, grain free, and an easy to make recipe in under an hour! Seasonal vegetables, lean protein, herbs, and spices, all cooked in casserole dish even cast iron skillet. A better for you gluten free casserole with shrimp and veggies! A total crowd pleaser.
- 10-15 medium shrimp (peeled, thawed)
- One large tomato (sliced 1/3 inch thick)
- 2 yellow squash and/or zucchini (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- One jalapeño, sliced and deseeded
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup cream or coconut cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp melted butter or oil (butter works best for texture).
- 2 garlic cloves (1 tsp minced)
- 2 heaping tbsps gluten free starch or 1/4 cups gluten free flour (2 tbsp is using arrowroot or corn starch work best).If using almond flour or other gluten free flour, see notes)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste (extra for serving)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup grated parmesan or nutritional yeast needing dairy free option. Feel free to add more for a cheesier topping if desired.
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes or seasoning
- Cilantro and additional chili flakes for toppings and garnish
- First make sure your shrimp is peeled and thawed out. Preheat oven to 350F
- Next make sure all your veggies are sliced and layer them evenly into a greased or oil baking dish or pan (casserole dish or cast iron dish work great). Place Shrimp on top or mixed within the veggie layers.
- Get full recipe==>>glutenfreedaddy.com