This thick and creamy vegan broccoli cheese soup recipe is loaded with “cheesy” goodness that will quench your craving for comfort food any night of the week. Kid-friendly, vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free.
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (For color, not heat)
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast (Or more to taste)
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 2 lbs broccoli florets (Fresh or frozen)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Soak cashews in water for 1 hour, drain and discard water. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a dutch oven and cook the diced onions for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add cubed potatoes, thinly sliced carrots, a pinch of salt and 2 cups of water. Cover and let cook for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Almost all of the water should be absorbed by now.
- Get full recipe==>>staceyhomemaker.com