I’m a big fan of rhubarb. In the past, I’ve combined rhubarb with cherries, raspberries and even radishes for a savory application. But rhubarb and strawberries is a classic combination for a reason. And I couldn’t resist putting the two of them together once again.
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 egg
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used full fat)
- About 1 cup fresh strawberries, trimmed and halved
- About 4-8 stalks fresh rhubarb, trimmed to fit your skillet
- Powdered sugar for serving, if desired
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.
- In the bowl on your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, scraped vanilla bean seeds, egg and lemon zest. Beat until combined.
- Get full recipe==>>floatingkitchen.net