These mini sushi balls are just adorable and make a perfect finger-food idea for a Halloween party or any other event, even for your everyday lunch!
- 2 cups Uncooked sushi rice
- 1 tsp Konbu dashi powder or 5cm Kelp piece
- 1/2 cup Rice vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 slice smoked salmon thinly sliced
- 1 egg fried flat
- 1/4 small cucmber thinly sliced
- 1 small radish thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fish roe for toppings
- Cook the sushi rice as per your rice cooker instructions or in a pot. Before adding the water to cook the rice, mix in the dashi powder or about 5cm of kelp over the rice. *1
- While the rice is cooking, in a small pot, heat the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt together to make the sushi vinegar on medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Prepare the Jack-O-Lantern face, by cutting up the nori sheets and using 6.5cm diameter cookie cutter, cut out 2 round nori sheets for cat face.
- Get full recipe==>>chopstickchronicles.com