Vegan croissants made with coconut oil and no butter are the perfect chocolate filled vegan pastry!
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons warm water (not hot!)
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut oil (solid at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, warm water, and pinch of sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, combine the yeast mixture (the one you combined and set aside), salt, sugar, melted coconut oil, and almond milk on medium. Gradually add in the all purpose flour and beat on medium until a dough starts to form. If dough is really sticky, add 1/4-1/3 cup more of flour. Remove from bowl onto a well floured surface.
- Get full recipe==>>heartofabaker.com