Like your childhood favorites these Homemade Pizza Rolls are stuffed with pepperoni, cheese and pizza sauce. Making these hand-held treats a fun weekday snack.
- 5 egg roll wrappers
- 1/3 cup chopped mini pepperoni or regular sized, minis are thicker
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat 1"-2" of oil in pan to 350 or in deep fryer.
- Cut each of your egg roll wrappers into 4 squares.
- Chop your mozzarella cheese into smaller pieces.
- In bowl mix together pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese.
- Place heaping teaspoonfuls of filling onto the left side/center of your egg roll wrapper leaving 1/2" above and below filling.
- Using your finger, wet all edges of wrapper with water.
- Gently roll your pizza roll up and press above and below filling to seal edges.
- Wet the top and bottom again and just gently fold each up to create a small seal (reference photos above in post).
- Make sure you seal tightly so they do not bust open in oil.
- Place about 4 into heated oil at a time frying for about 1-2 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping if desired.