Moist and tender gluten free cinnamon roll muffins are like the best cinnamon bun you’ve ever tasted—but made quick and easy in a cupcake tin.
- 4 tablespoons (48 g) vegetable shortening, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup (55 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (280 g) basic gum-free gluten free flour blend (185 grams superfine white rice flour + 61 grams potato starch + 34 grams tapioca starch)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (this must be added – the point is to use a much lower amount of xanthan gum than is in an all purpose gluten free flour blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (112 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs (180 g, out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (158 ml) low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (86 g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 teaspoons milk (any kind)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease or line a standard 12-cup muffin tin, and set it aside.
- First, place the swirl/filling ingredients in a small bowl, and mix to combine well. Set the bowl aside.
- Make the muffin batter. In a medium-size bowl, place the flour blend, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and whisk to combine well. Set the dry ingredients aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a handheld mixer), beat the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the sugar, and then the eggs and vanilla, and beat on medium speed until well-combined. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk, in 3 parts, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. The batter will be thick but light and fluffy.
- Get full recipe==>>glutenfreeonashoestring.com