This One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice dish is perfect for a busy weeknight when things are hectic. Only one dish to clean for this satisfying dinner.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , diced finely
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked extra long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth (I like to use Better than Buillion Chicken base)
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet or pan, sauté onions in two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once onions soften, increase the heat to medium high and add chicken to the pan.
- Get full recipe==>>the-girl-who-ate-everything.com