This moist, sweet, lemony loaf cake is lightened up with creamy Greek yogurt!
You’ll Need:Lemon Yogurt Cake:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1⅓ cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8½ x 4½ inch loaf pan with cooking spray, then line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper, spray and flour the pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the yogurt, egg, egg whites, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling in the pan cook ¼ cup of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small saucepan until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper underneath the wire cooling rack then remove the cake from the pan and place it on top of the rack.
- Drizzle the lemon syrup over the warm cake then allow the cake to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling whisk together the powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Once the cake is completely cooled drizzle the lemon glaze over the top of the cake.