Paleo Moroccan Chicken Stew - Moroccan spiced veggies with shredded chicken and chopped dates | Dairy Free + Paleo
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- salt & pepper for seasoning the chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 white onions slice one onion and roughly chop the second onion
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes preferably fire roasted
- 1 inch fresh ginger (about 1 tablespoon) chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 medium carrots (about 6 inches long) peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock (600 ml) aim for a lower sodium stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or use coconut sugar for paleo
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup medjool dates (100 grams) seeds removed and chopped into small pieces
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large cooking pot on a medium high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. When the oil is simmering add the chicken to the bottom of the pot and brown the breasts, aa couple minutes of cooking on each side. The chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked through at this point since you'll be cooking it more later.
- Once browned, remove the chicken from the pot and place on a paper towel lined plate. Turn off the heat for a few minutes as you make the puree in the next step.
- Place the roughly chopped onion, tomatoes, ginger and garlic in a blender and blend into a puree. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>asaucykitchen.com