This version of Cheesesteak Sandwiches is the best! In my humble opinion, anyway. It’s the only way I make them at home. They are hearty, flavorful and melty. Three things I look for when it comes to a cheesesteak sub. 😀 I can easily eat 2 in a row because they’re just that good.
- 1 pound of thinly sliced ribeye steak (For easy slicing: freeze steak for 30 minutes, then slice it)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 sub rolls, sliced in half (but not all the way through)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place the sliced sub rolls on pieces of aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter then saute onions and green peppers for 5 to 10 minutes until softened. Place on a plate and set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>life-in-the-lofthouse.com