What is totally amazing, super fast, sticky and sweet but refined sugar free? Answer: These vegan Bourbon mushrooms and rice! Quickly seared mushrooms, tossed in a sweet and salty, sticky Bourbon sauce. Served over rice! I’ve had Bourbon chicken in my youth, and I loved it. It wasn’t until recently I realized that originally the sauce didn’t actually have Bourbon it was just created by an Asian chef who worked on Bourbon street.
- 16 oz. Mushrooms, I used button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. Olive oil, divided
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger, grated
- 1/4 C. Apple juice
- 1/4 C. Soy sauce
- 1/3 C. + 1 Tbsp. Water, divided
- 1/4 C. Bourbon
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1/4 C. Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Corn starch
- 1 C. Rice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Begin to cook your rice according to package instructions.
- While your rice is cooking, cut your mushrooms into quarters.
- Get full recipe==>>rabbitandwolves.com