Wake up to these flavorful and easy to make Spicy Egg and Potato Breakfast Burritos!
You’ll Need:For Potatoes:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large red potato, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for jalapeno
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jalapeno
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- salsa or hot sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a zip top bag (or medium bowl), combine potato, onion, olive oil, and spices, plus salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Spread seasoned potatoes on baking pan in a single layer.
- Add jalapeno to baking pan; lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast potatoes and jalapeno for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; flip potatoes and jalapeno, then return to oven.
- Bake until potatoes are cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven; season with additional salt, if desired. Set aside.
- Add eggs to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then beat until frothy.
- As soon as potatoes are done, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Chop roasted jalapeno, discarding seeds, stem, and any skin that is peeling off.
- Add eggs and jalapeno to skillet; cook until eggs are scrambled, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Place a tortilla on a large plate; microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, or until warm.
- Top tortilla with 1/4 of the eggs, cheese, and potatoes.
- Fold tortilla around filling. Repeat process with remaining ingredients to make 4 burritos.
- Serve burritos with salsa or hot sauce, if desired.
- If you have any leftovers, assemble burritos, then refrigerate in an airtight container. When ready to eat, wrap burrito in a paper towel, then microwave for one minute or until hot.