This is another easy recipe to boost your vegetable intake to the max for breakfast! Alright, I’ll admit it’s only quick if you’ve already roasted a few red peppers, an eggplant and a carrot. If not it will take a little more than 10 minutes.
- 1 small-medium eggplant, roasted
- 2-3 roasted red peppers
- 1 roasted carrot
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Make sure your roasted vegetables are well through (you can do this in a pan with some olive oil, and lid-covered, in the oven or on the grill - anything works). The skins should be ready to be removed, that's easier when vegetables are really done.
- After you roast the vegetables, let them cool off for around 30 min. Keep eggplant in a Tupperware/jar/pot covered, to remove bitter stuff. After that remove the fluid eggplant let out (removes bitterness).
- Peel the skins of peppers and eggplant – takes a little while, I see it as therapeutic and not super annoying. You can also leave the peels on, but the spread is smoother and more delicious if you remove them.
- In your food processor process all roasted vegetables (carrots should be soft and maybe cut in smaller pieces) until almost smooth, might even let it until smooth, add olive oil. Salt to taste.
- For a quick breakfast: spread over a slice of whole grain/gluten-free or paleo bread. You can also top with herbs like parsley/basil for extra health benefits and some nuts/seeds to add more healthy fats and protein.
- The spread keeps in the fridge for around 3 days, might be even a little longer.