One of my favorite pizzas is a Hawaiian pizza with extra cheese. The gooey mozzarella melting into the salty Canadian bacon is delicately balanced by the fruity sweetness of the pineapple chunks. My love for bacon wrapping has migrated to the pizza and the barbecue pit. So I replaced the Canadian bacon with regular bacon, kept the mozzarella cheese, and omitted the crust. Voila! Bacon-wrapped Pineapple Mozzarella Rings!
- 24 pieces slice of bacon
- 8 pieces sliced pineapple rings from can
- 8 pieces mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 3 pieces large sweet yellow onion, cut into 1/3 inch rings
- 1 pinch Your favorite BBQ Rub
- 4 tablespoons Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Peel and cut the large onion into 1/3 inch slices.
- Open the can of pineapple slices, drain the juice and set aside 8 slices.
- Match the onion rings to the size of the pineapple slices—choose rings that have more of a bowl shape to help hold the string cheese in place.
- Tear the mozzarella string cheese in half.
- Get full recipe==>>food52.com