These Big and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies are everything you are looking for in a cookie- easy, chewy, extra big, and packed with delicious add-ins.
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Golden Barrel Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Golden Barrel Blackstrap Molasses
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and molasses. Stir until completely smooth. Add in the dry mixture and stir until evenly mixed. Add in the cherries, walnuts, and chocolate chips and mix in.
- Portion cookie dough into 1/3 cup balls and roll in between palms to make round. It will make exactly 8 cookies.
- Cook 4 on a tray, but only 1 tray at a time. Space evenly and bake for 15 minutes. Press down lightly on the cookies and bake for another 3-5 minutes. Let cool and store in an airtight container.