A fudgy chocolate avocado mug cake that is also paleo, vegan and gluten free.
- 4 tbsp mashed avocado 48 grams; or about half a medium avocado
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking powder please note commercial baking powder is not paleo so you may need to make your own homemade paleo baking powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients into a large, microwave-safe mug. Mix with a small whisk until batter is smooth. Batter will be thick.
- Place cake into the microwave and cook at full power for about 2 minutes, or until surface of cake looks done. Allow cake to cool a few minutes before eating.
- Make sure to mash the avocado thoroughly before measuring out your 4 tbsp, as 4 tbsp of mashed avocado is more than just 4 tbsp of scooped out avocado flesh.
- For best results, use very ripe avocados as they are easier to mash.
- You can substitute almond butter with other nut butters like cashew butter or peanut butter. I chose almond butter because it has a milder flavor which gets covered by the chocolate. If you use peanut butter, you will likely taste the peanut butter flavor.
- I used this homemade chocolate syrup on my cake. Please note that the syrup is not paleo. You can most likely make a paleo version by using coconut sugar in place of granulated sugar.