These Easy Lentil Potato Soup Recipe are quick and simple to make, chunky, hearty and comforting meal, perfect for the cold weather. Nutritious lentils, rich in protein and fiber, combined with potatoes for a healthy and flavorful soup.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 carrot, large 3 - 4 oz
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce optional
- 1 1/4 cups lentils I used a mix of green, red split and black lentils, but green only work great.
- 12 oz potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 4-5 cups water
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and carrots. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, to prevent burning.
- Add in the tomato paste, tomato sauce and lentils. Cook for 1 minute. Add potatoes. Pour 4 cups of water on top. Add salt, pepper, thyme and oregano. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 25-35 minutes, until the lentils are cooked and potatoes are tender.
- Get full recipe==>>cookinglsl.com