These Chicken Lo Mein are Ready in under 30 minutes and tastes way better and is healthier that takeout!
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles (I used wide lo mein noodles, you can also substitute spaghetti noodles)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, I used a mix of broccoli, carrots and baby corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken (I had to cook it in two batches) and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>chefsavvy.com