These are perfect as a healthy party snack, or as a quick healthy lunch (I sometimes even have them for dinner). Heavenly bruschetta with mashed chickpeas - delicious, healthy and super easy and quick!
You’ll Need:For the mashed chickpeas:
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small tomato
- 6-7 walnut halves
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 8 small black olives
- a handful arugula
- 1 whole grain baguette
- OR lettuce leaves
- Clean tomatoes (maybe cut it in ½), arugula, spring onions and basil.
- Juice ½ lemon and peel garlic.
- In a food processor add chickpeas, arugula, onions, garlic, basil, tomato, walnuts, lemon juice, olives, olive oil. Did I forget something?
- Then blend at low speed for a little, so that the mixture is not smooth, but still chunky. This will be different for different food processors – make sure to not let it get smooth – it won’t be that awesome. But I imagine it will as well be pretty good.
- I didn’t need to add salt to this, because the chickpeas and the olives were already enough.
- Then slice a whole grain baguette on the diagonal into slices that are not too thick. Then toast them – I used my toaster for that – it’s faster than in the oven.
- When the bread slices are ready – spread generously from the mashed chickpeas on top. If you don’t eat bread, it’s even easier than that - just wrap the mashed chickpeas into a lettuce.
- You can also add some other vegetable on top of that if you’d like – perhaps some lettuce or some avocado.