This cheesy jalapeño chicken is made in one pan, is bursting with flavor, smothered in melty cheese, and made in just 20 minutes! Try it tonight!
- 1 lime sliced
- 3 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half and pounded to be 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (fresh corn works as well)
- 2 jalapeños seeds removed and sliced lengthwise into strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp lime juice (juice of 2-3 limes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
- minced fresh cilantro, for garnish
- extra lime wedges, for garnish
- To a mixing bowl, add chicken, chili powder, oregano, kosher salt, ground cumin, black pepper, dried minced onion, and ancho chile powder. Toss and massage spice mixture into all sides of chicken.
- Add flour to a shallow bowl or plate and lightly dredge chicken in flour. Let chicken sit while you heat up your pan.
- Get full recipe==>>thechunkychef.com