A lighter and low carb version of fajita pasta using zucchini noodles. Everything cooks in one pan for easy clean-up.
- 2 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced into 1/2 inch thick strips (I recommend first slicing the chicken breast to half its thickness before cutting into strips. This will make the cooking time much faster and make the strips easier to eat)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 onion sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper. Whisk until evenly mixed.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, onions, bell peppers. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with minced garlic. Mix everything until it is evenly coated in oil and garlic. Sprinkle seasoning mix over everything. Toss and mix ingredients until everything is evenly coated. (If you have time you can let the spices marinate on the chicken for about 30 minutes for even more flavor, but I usually don't do this step and it still tastes good.)
- Bring a large skillet or wok to high heat over stove. Add ingredients and cook until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender but still crisp. When everything is just about done cooking, add in the zucchini noodles and toss and mix with the fajita ingredients. Cook zucchini until tender but still crisp. Zucchini noodles cook quite quickly so this will only take about 2 minutes. Drain skillet of any excess liquid released from the zucchini. Sprinkle cilantro and squeeze lime juice over pasta. Serve warm.