These vegan cheesesteak sandwiches are made with crispy pan-fried seitan, Italian long hot peppers and onions, smothered in vegan sweet potato cheese.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into strips
- 1 Italian long hot pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package seitan, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 (6-inch) sandwich rolls, sliced open
- 1/4 cup nacho sweet potato cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Ketchup (optional)
- Coat the bottom of a medium skillet with oil and place it over medium-high heat. Add the onion, hot pepper and garlic. Sauté until onions and peppers are slightly softened and browned in spots, about 3 minutes.
- Add the seitan, black pepper, paprika, and salt. Continue to sauté until the seitan begins to crisp in spots, about 3 more minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>connoisseurusveg.com