These easy baked gluten-free apple cinnamon donuts with maple cinnamon glaze will be your family's favorite fall breakfast treat. An easy gluten-free breakfast. Dairy-free too.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour I like Pillsbury gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum leave out if your flour already has it
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray full sized donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, eggs, applesauce, vegetable oil and pure vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined.
- Add gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it), cinnamon, salt and baking powder and mix until fully combined.
- The batter will be thick and sticky.
- Add batter to a large plastic storage bag (or piping bag). I like to take a tall cup and put the bag inside of the cup so it's easier to fill the bag with the batter. Close the seal of the bag.
- Cut the tip off of the bag.
- Squeeze the bag carefully filling the donut pan.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. They will be golden brown and set.
- In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the glaze.
- Dip each warm donut into the glaze and place on a plate or wire rack.
- Serve warm.