This Asparagus & Mushroom Vegan Quiche is a delicious option for breakfast or brunch! It’s full of vegetables and plant protein to keep you satisfied. I love having a slice (or three) with some fresh fruit for a fun weekend breakfast!
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups kale or spinach, chopped
- 1 12.3-ounce package silken tofu
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kala namak (black salt)*
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a medium cast iron skillet.**
- In a wok or large skillet, warm a little water or oil over medium heat. Add asparagus; cook for 4-5 minutes. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and kale; cook for 5 more minute, until vegetables are tender.
- In a food processor or blender, add tofu, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, thyme, oregano, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Remove vegetables from heat; pour in the tofu mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the skillet.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove; set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
- *This gives the quiche a real eggy flavor. If you don’t have kala namak, you can use regular salt.
- **I used a 9-inch cast iron skillet, but I think it would also work in a skillet that is a little bigger. You can also use a glass pie dish.