One of my favorite things about making these meatballs is that they are the perfect make ahead breakfast! When we make them, I love how easy breakfast is for the rest of the week! Just re-heat these butternut breakfast meatballs and enjoy the easy morning. They are also easily packed and enjoyed once you get to your office if that’s your thing, too.
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 cup mushrooms (about 4 oz)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 lbs ground breakfast sausage
- 1 sprig rosemary, diced finely
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet (or 2 medium sheets) with parchment paper.
- Cut up the butternut squash into large cubes. Using the chopping attachment of a food processor, chop the squash into small bits. Remove from food processor and place in a large bowl. Chop onion and mushrooms into bits also and place in the bowl with the squash.
- Add sausage, rosemary, paprika and cinnamon to the bowl. Use your hands to combine all of the ingredients until everything is mixed well.
- Form the mixture into golf ball sized balls and place them on the lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool for a few minutes, and serve.