Elegant and comforting creamy vegan corn chowder soup is perfect for fall entertaining. Similar to traditional New England clam chowder yet made with sweet maize kernels and potatoes instead of seafood.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags of frozen organic corn kernels
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
- 2 cups of diced yellow potatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1½ cups of coconut milk creamer *
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly chopped chives
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly chopped thyme
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Add all the ingredients (except hot sauce & cream) into the slow cooker. If you are planning on pureeing it you can add the cream now or wait 20 minutes before serving. If added now, note that it may curdle due to high heat but for convenience it is fine to add in the beginning if you plan to puree the soup. Cook on low for 4-6 hours until the potatoes are soft. Recommended to cook on low instead of high. Add the cream then add to a blender to puree. If desired top with hot sauce.
- ***optional: leave out the coconut cream milk and add in 20 minutes before ready to puree.